Three Identical Strangers (2018)


Director: Tim Wardle
Runtime: 96 minutes

Synopsis: Three young men discover that they are triplets separated at birth in 1980s New York.

Verdict: The premise of this extremely well-received documentary pushed me to watch it even though I don't consider myself a big fan of this particular genre. And while the story of the three brothers is one I found fascinating, it's with the way it was presented that I had my issues. I couldn't help but feel that a lot of what was said in it was exaggerated for dramatic purposes, which is a thing that can't be forgiven in a documentary whose main goal is to tell a story in the most real way possible. I also didn't really find effective the way some revelations were made, which is a shame since some of the twists featured could've been worthy of a Hitchcockian gasp had they been presented as well as in other more realistically made documentaries. "Three Identical Strangers" was not bad overall, but was unfortunately underwhelming in my opinion. 

FINAL GRADE: 6/10

Comments