Ocean's Eight (2018)


Director: Gary Ross
Stars: Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway
Runtime: 110 minutes

Synopsis: Debbie Ocean, sister of famous con man Danny, gathers a group of women to pull the ultimate heist during the Met Gala.

Performances: 6/10
Screenplay: 4/10
Special Effects: N.A. 
Costumes/Makeup: 7/10
Editing: 5/10
Cinematography: 6/10
Score/Soundtrack: 3/10

Verdict: "Ocean's Eight" is not a disaster, but is incredibly unspecial and mediocre. It's nowhere near the quality of Steven Soderbergh's "Ocean's Eleven", both from a technical and a screenplay point of view. I didn't really buy the characters as a team, and the jokes felt forced and to some extent out of place. However what annoyed me most were the frequent plotholes and conveniences that kinda ruined the fun of the heist for me. Finally, the score and scene transitions used felt amateurish at times and distracted me from what was going on in the film. All I wanted from "Ocean's Eight" was a fun, light heist film but, unfortunately, I didn't get that feeling at all.  

Final Grade: 4/10

Comments