Beirut (2018)


Director: Brad Anderson
Stars: Rosamund Pike, Jon Hamm, Mark Pellegrino
Runtime: 109 minutes

Synopsis: An American diplomat is sent to a war-torn Beirut to negotiate the release of a friend.

Performances: 4/10
Screenplay: 3/10
Special Effects: N.A.
Costumes/Makeup: 7/10
Editing: 4/10
Cinematography: 5/10
Score/Soundtrack: 5/10 

Verdict: First of all, I feel obliged to mention that this is a movie review and will not be influenced by my personal political beliefs whatsoever. Having said that, the words I'd use to describe "Beirut" are boring and forgettable. Almost every aspect of it was bland and unspecial, including the plot, characters, and acting. The film didn't particularly look good either, as many of the scenes were dark and shaky, and the cuts frequent and annoying. This is definitely not a movie I'll remember in a week's time, and not one that I recommend watching.

Final Grade: 4/10

Comments