American Made (2017)


Director: Doug Liman
Stars: Tom Cruise, Domhnall Gleeson, Sarah Wright
Runtime: 115 minutes


Performances: 7/10
Screenplay: 7/10
Special Effects: N.A.
Costumes/Makeup: 7/10
Editing: 5/10
Cinematography: 7/10
Score/Soundtrack: 5/10

Verdict: "American Made" is based on the crazy true story of Barry Seal, America's most famous delivery man, and stars Tom Cruise, Domnhall Gleeson, Sarah Wright, and Jesse Plemons. I wouldn't describe this movie as a cinematic masterpiece, since I found some of the shots to be flat, and felt that the editing was sloppy at times, but I did enjoy Doug Liman's decision to make it look like a documentary, which kept reminding me that what I was witnessing was based on real events. "American Made" was a lot of fun, the story told in it is mindblowing, and is Tom Cruise's best film since "Edge of Tomorrow", also directed by Liman. I can't wait to see what the pair's next project is going to be.

Final Grade: 7/10

Comments