The Disaster Artist (2017)


Director: James Franco
Stars: James Franco, Dave Franco, Seth Rogen
Runtime: 104 minutes


Performances: 9/10
Screenplay: 7/10
Special Effects: N.A.
Costumes/Makeup: 8/10
Editing: 5/10
Cinematography: 5/10
Score/Soundtrack: 5/10

Verdict: As a big fan of "The Room" myself, I have been waiting for this movie all year long, and I am relieved to say that it did not disappoint. The film was extremely funny, but also had a lot of heart, and made us feel for the mysterious Tommy Wiseau, director/producer/writer/actor of the cult classic and portrayed flawlessly by James Franco. My only problems with "The Disaster Artist" are the very obvious inaccurate scenes, which unfortunately are very poorly written, and as a result, took me out of the movie; as well as Franco's directing, which is average at best. 

Final Grade: 7/10

Comments